CDS #10 Home Connections is a program most beneficial to those who, for one reason or another, have difficulty taking their medications properly. Many of our patients are elderly parents of children (often the caregivers) who have active children of their own.
Our primary goal is to provide better health outcomes to our patients and ease the burden of dispensing medicine for caregivers, especially those on multiple, chronic medicines. Better health outcomes occur when we can help prevent hospital readmissions, nursing home admittance, help patients maintain independence and increase patient adherence. We accomplish these objectives by partnering with the physician and the patient/caregiver to provide individualized medication management.
How the program works
• A pharmacist will go to the patient’s home and reconcile all their medications, including any over-the- counter or prescription medications they have that they are not currently prescribed.
• Routine medications will be stored in the pharmacy. Weekly medication sets will be prepared at the pharmacy and delivered to the patient’s residence.
• Each time a change is made in their medication regimen, we will discuss the change with the patient/caregiver and retrieve/deliver new or old medications.
• Each week, our staff will review the previous week’s medication set for adherence and follow up as needed.
• Patients enrolled in Home Connections will pay a one-time start-up fee followed by a monthly fee that is far less costly than the alternatives we are attempting to prevent
Call Ashlee or Andrea for more information at 270-781- 5661.